Monday, June 25, 2012

Reason #16: I'm Broad Church



Running For Archbishop is a campaign not so much to give you lots of reasons why I should be Archbishop, but primarily to share the gospel!

And we've been to St Albans, Cambridge, Coventry, Oxford, Southampton, London--and now finally we've come to Canterbury to share the good news that God so loved the world.

The whole world, not just me with my evangelical convictions, my liberal desire for a reasonable answer, my pentecostal zeal, my catholic reverence for tradition, but the whole world -- whoever will believe in Jesus.

And whoever would be Archbishop needs to have a deep conviction about the importance of Christian unity -- that, as the gospel declares, it's merely faith in the one Lord Jesus and baptism in His name that unites people of all sorts into the one family of the true God.


Go in peace, to love and serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment